Organization of Conferences and Meetings
Professor Claudia Crestini has a lively scientific activity in the organization of conferences.
She conceptualized and organized the first Italian international conference of wood chemistry: Italian Meeting on Lignocellulosics Chemistry (italic). The event, originally addressed to researchers in the Mediterranean, was soon extended to accommodate international contributions to become one of the points of reference for scientists working in the field of the chemistry of wood.
Dr. Crestini has been member of the executive and scientific committee of Italic1, Italic2, Italic3, Italic4, Italic5, Italic6.
Claudia Crestini also organized or co-organized the following workshops and conferences:
- 255th ACS National Meeting & Exposition New Orleans, LA, March 18-22, 2018.
“Lignin: From Fundamentals to New Materials.”
Claudia Crestini, Heiko Lange, Mika Henrikki Sipponen, Maija-Liisa Mattinen, Monika Österberg
- 251st ACS National Meeting & Exposition San Diego, CA, March 13-17, 2016.
"Lignin Refining, Functionalization & Utilization"
Dimitris S. Argyropoulos, Claudia Crestini
- 249th ACS National Meeting & Exposition Denver, CO,March 22-26, 2015.
"Lignin Biosynthesis, Characterization and Modification"
Tarja Tamminen, Claudia Crestini.
- COST Action FP1105 strategic workshop. Rome, Italy, 2014.
- Final Workshop of COST FP0602. Biotechnology for lignocellulose biorefineries. Enzymatic fiber modification and hydrolysis. Viterbo, Italy, 2011.
- Third Annual Workshop of COST FP0602. Biotechnology for lignocellulose biorefineries. Varenna, Italy, 2009.
- Second Annual Workshop of COST FP0602. Biotechnology for lignocellulose biorefineries. Enzymatic fiber modification and hydrolysis. Biel, Switzerland, 2008.
- Fourth Italian Meeting on Lignin Chemistry, ITALIC 4, Rome, Italy, 2007.
- Local organizer of the COST Action E41 workshop, Rome, Italy, 2007
- Co-Chair of the Third Italian Meeting on lignin Chemistry, ITALIC 3, L’Aquila, Italy, 2005.
- Co-Chair of the Second Italian Meeting on lignin Chemistry, ITALIC 2, Como, Italy, 2003.
- Chair of the First Italian Meeting on Lignin Chemistry, ITALIC 1, Rome, Italy, 2001.